10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD COME TO #NAMPC
As NAMP Conference prepares for Austin, there is not doubt that NAMPC will be filled with art experiences, great sites to see, food and drink to be enjoyed, and activities to be done. We’ve made a list of the Top 10 things to make it a little easier—take a look!
- This year's NAMP Conference features more than 100 speakers, over 30 sessions, and two preconferences. Sessions will about data & analytics, content & storytelling, innovation and more!
- Step outside of the Hilton Austin Hotel and on to 6th Street to experience the ‘Live Music Capitol of the World.’
- Explore the diverse culture in Downtown Austin, from restaurants, coffee shops to breweries, Austin offers it all!
- Join us for The Opening Reception at the Canopy. Mingle and network with peers while enjoying some of Austin’s creative community complex. Sample local drinks and bites from some of Austin’s favorite food trailers while you explore the open studios and experience performances by local creatives.
- Come out and see your NAMP Conference friends and colleagues put on a show at NAMParoake!
- Stretch your legs through Austin’s Ziker Metropolitan Park where you can find the Ziker Botanical Gardens, Umlaf Sculpture Garden and Museum, Ziker Hillside Theatre and many more gems.
- Take a moment to explore The Texas State Capital, One of Austin’s highest points, the Capitol offers amazing views of downtown Austin.
- Take a creative break and visit nearby museums like the Bullock Texas State History Museum, Museum of the Weird , Lotus Gallery and many more museums located in the downtown Austin area.
- After a long day of NAMPC you can rekindle with your friends at one of Austin’s best breweries—Hops and Grain Brewing, Gun’s and Oil brewing CO. and Blue Owl Brewing—or top restaurants— Moonshine, Roaring Fork, and La Condesa.
- For a taste of Austin’s arts and culture, visit the Austin Arts—a hub full of information of dates and times of arts and culture events.
Register Today and be part of this experience!
Hot Off the Press! Scientific American Highlights #NAMPC Keynote Miral Kotb
Scientific American featured iLuminate's recent show, Artist of Light. iLuminate, a company founded by #NAMPC 2016 Keynote Miral Kotb, mixes dance, light, and computerized timing to create a unique amalgam of illusory perception. Imagine that all the neon in Times Square got together and performed Stomp. READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE.
2 IN-DEPTH MARKETING CLINICS. 1 RADICAL CONFERENCE EXPERIENCE.
Take a Deep-Dive on November 11th. Choose From:
• The Sprinting Sessions: A Workshop on Arts Marketing, Change, and the Connection Economy
For arts leaders who are ready to step away from the day-to-day grind of marketing a single artistic product. You'll blaze through a series of activities that allow for exponential growth within your organization.
• Relevance: Breaking through the Buzz to Build Meaningful Change
Led by Museum Power duo Nina Simon and Elise Granata (Santa Cruz, CA), explore the deep meaning of relevance—what it is, what it can do, how to measure it—and how relevance can fuel change to make your work more powerful and valuable.
- 1 of 3